Sunday, November 10, 2019

tips on using tape measure to track weight loss

So, I understand this might be a dumb title, lol but I am so bad at using a tape measure to track my weight loss!

I weigh myself on the scale weekly and I also take measurements on those days. however, I feel as if I am very off. sometimes my numbers go up even when I have lost weight. or they go down way too drastically. for example, i’ve only lost about 6.5 pounds. but my bust is showing i’ve lost 2.5 inches! which would be great in theory because I have 58” worth of bust that’s just constantly in my way, but logically I know that’s not right.

does anyone have any tips on how to measure properly? I assume i’m doing two things: not measuring in the same spot as before, and measuring with a looser hand in some places, and tighter in the other. I might also just give up the weekly measurements and stick to the scale until I see significant loss. measuring smaller people is easier than a 300 pound person sticking out in all sorts of places!

so if no one has any life changing tips on how to measure, should I just stop the measurements until i’m further on? I always see people say “I didn’t lose any weight this week, but I lost 2 inches!” and I wanted to have that kind of extra motivation for when the scale isn’t wanting to move, but I don’t think i’m cut out for this job hahaha

just for some extra content so I don’t get flagged, these have been my measurements for the past few weeks since i’ve started:

10/27 weight: 299.5 hips: 54” waist: 48” bellybutton: 56.5” thigh: 28” bicep: 17” bust 58”

11/3 weight: 298.5 hips: 54” waist: 48” bellybutton: 56” thigh: 29” bicep: 16.5” bust: 56.5”

11/11 weight: 293 hips: 55” waist: 48” bellybutton: 56” thigh: 28” bicep: 17” bust: 55.5”

I know “bellybutton” isn’t a great measurement but it’s my biggest insecurity, so I really want to see my stomach get smaller ://

thank you to anyone who is willing to help me! happy monday, or whatever it is where you are :-)

submitted by /u/plusizekellykapowski
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32CL5jA

No comments:

Post a Comment