Sunday, November 3, 2019

Today I lowered my typical lunch of 1200+ calories down to less than 400. What could I have done better next time?

It's time I take my weight loss seriously. The plan is to use CICO without starving myself or going cold turkey on certain foods. Today I lowered my usual lunch meal by a staggering amount of calories pretty easily. Is it enough food for one meal? What could I have done better? Any tips?

About 5x a week I was having ham and cheese tortilla rollups with a side of potato chips and a can of mountain dew for lunch. Looking through just what I had in stock at the house I modified it as such:

(honestly the calories on TYPICAL are low estimates. I was not measuring my food before today. It could very well be more than 1200 because of the cheese and ranch)

TYPICAL LUNCH=1200+cal

50g 4 thin slice sugar ham 60cal

74g 2 flour tortilla pueblindo 200cal

58g 4 tbsp ranch dressing 220cal

56g 1/2 cup gv fiesta blend 220cal

5g 4 gv pepperoni slices 35cal

56g 48 eves thin bbq chips 300cal

10g 2tsp taptio hot sauce 0cal

2 pinch of diced green onion

1 can mountain dew 170cal


TODAY'S LUNCH=365cal

50g 4 thin slice sugar ham 60cal

2 lettuce leaf wrap

10g 2 tsp gv mustard 0cal

56g 16 gv tortilla chip garlic 280cal

30g 2 tbsp gv chunky salsa 10cal

2 pinch of diced green onion

6 jalapeno slices

(I am not sure how to calculate the colories on greens like the lettuce, onions, or jalapenos but I can't imagine they would put it over 400)

One obvious fix to me are switching the chips and salsa with something else. My eating habits psychologically force me to have a side with anything sandwich-like. The problem? We had nothing but chips! No other vegetables/fruits other than canned ones and no crackers. Next time I go shopping I will definitely fix that problem.

gv = great value walmart brand of food shopping on a budget.

edit: fixed the formatting

submitted by /u/Krusiv
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32dkx8u

No comments:

Post a Comment