Thursday, November 14, 2019

Ugh... why did it stop working?

Hey all! So I posted a handful of weeks ago how friggin' proud I was because I've changed things up over the last 1.5 years and lost 50 lbs and that's fantastic and I feel great. All of that being said, I have 20 lbs left to lose to get to normal weight for my height and I feel like with the smaller amount of body fat left, or something, the way I eat has changed enough that what was working just isn't. The amount I seem to have to restrict at this weight to get the weight to come off feels unobtainable, my brain is really quick to get into binge cycles and I'm struggling with the things that once worked (eating high protein, not snacking, etc).

To add insult to injury, I got my RMR tested and it's considerably higher than expected, 1900 on a 5'4" lady. I'm admittedly pretty athletic, (now, did not used to be so active) but what gives? In theory, I have been eating 1300 a day, after ages of successful, slow, sustainable weight loss, and now I'm seeing not only a slow but an uptick, and an increase in days where I really struggle to resist binging (which, probably hella related to the not losing weight thing, but why can I no longer seem to tolerate the 13-1400 I did for so long?)

The dietician I talked to advised me to go up to 1800 calories a day (with no adjustment for exercise, I do moderate to heavy exercise 5 hours a week), and said I should lose weight at that amount. I know I've seen comments from other people who have gone up in calories and made things work, does that really happen? I would so love to hear what people's experiences have been here, because moderate CICO has been working really well up to this point, and it just escapes me what the heck is happening.

Obvious observations appreciated...

submitted by /u/dessertsareforheroes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33OeSY9

No comments:

Post a Comment