Friday, November 22, 2019

Unexpected Confidence Boosts!

I’m at a point in my weight loss progress where I feel and think I look better than I have in years, but still have a lot of progress to go. That extra progress that’s needed is still something I think about a lot, and to be honest it bums me out sometimes (but it doesn’t ever make me lose the drive to continue working on myself thankfully).

I listen to mainly metal music (lots of different types) and recently went to a concert by myself. Prior to losing weight, when I was at my heaviest at a concert by myself, I would usually hang in the back of the crowd and watch the bands, usually just keeping to myself due to not only being self conscious about my size, but also feeling like staying in the low energy area of shows was better for me physically. This time, I ended up smack in the middle of the mosh pit for basically the entire night, and actually felt like I fit in with everyone else. I just had a blast, talked with people around me, and just really got into the show. I would have been concerned to be in the pit when I was heavier, thinking “oh everyone will be annoyed by the big guy bashing his body into them!” But this time it was just good fun. What would have probably physically had me down for the count as well (mosh pits require a good amount of stamina lol) just felt like a different type of workout for me. I had a blast and wasn’t at all concerned about how I looked and felt great the whole night. All the progress I’ve made really helped me open up and just enjoy the night.

I can also buy all the band T-shirts I want now because they always have my size now. =]

Anyone else have moments where you would normally be self conscious or upset but end up just feeling great because of the progress you’ve made?

submitted by /u/Jgray19
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Ofiayi

No comments:

Post a Comment