Wednesday, November 20, 2019

we don’t give ourselves enough credit for starting over

starting over in anything in life is scary. we pick up and move across the country for a new job. we leave home for the first time to go to school. we get out of a long relationship and learn to start living on our own again. all of these restarts are praised as they should be. so why do we get embarrassed about starting over with our weight loss?

I feel the need to keep quiet everytime I need a “do-over” in this journey. for a while, I was doing yoga everyday and eating relatively healthy. 3 weeks later and I haven’t done yoga at all. I had no motivation to do it, but wished I did everyday. I did yoga this morning and felt so good afterward, even though it was only 10 minutes. however, I feel like I can’t celebrate this small step because everyone around me has heard the same song and dance from me a million times over. i’ve started “losing weight” more times than I can count, and I feel like everybody is tired of my constant failures. I shouldn’t feel this way, but I still do. i’m trying to be proud of myself for starting over yet again, because starting over is terrifying. the number on the scale has a lot of moving to do, and so do I. it’s a daunting task ahead of me, and no matter how many times I have to start over, I feel like I should be able to be proud of myself every single time.

so, if you’re restarting for the millionth time again today, more power to all of you. you can do this.

submitted by /u/plusizekellykapowski
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KHAbmv

No comments:

Post a Comment