Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Anxiety/stress eating help

Jumping right into things. I made a decision to change my lifestyle, and soon after the current challenge started, which I joined.

I'm down 24 lbs from my peak, 22lbs from my official tracking in August.

A couple weeks ago, I got an invitation for something I've been dreaming of since childhood. Since then, I've been at maintenance at best on my caloric intake. I just can't focus on my calories or workouts. The audition is in a few days, and while I've come to terms it's unlikely (though I remain hopeful) that I get it, it's still interfering with my new habits (or at least the attempts thereof.)

Though this particular opportunity is new, this behavior isn't new to me. Anything that gives me anxiety brings on this kind of behavior, whether it's an interview for a job I want or a promotion, a public performance or speech, or really just anything that the results of which give me anxiety.

I'm always okay after the fact, but for the duration of the time I sit in anticipation of the occurence, I tend to decrease in activity levels and increase caloric intake (because I tend to eat more comfort foods.)

Any other time, I've had no issues with discipline & weight loss, and while I'm an emotional eater, the biggest hurdle prior to this was a very significant life change that led to depression.

Some people are sure to suggest therapy, but while I appreciate that, I'm hoping for any potential coping techniques you might offer for free because usually these things are short lived and far between. Plus I have no insurance, so it's not really an option anyhow.

I've been on a bout for about the last 1.5 weeks, and though my weight has stayed constant, I don't want to let these behaviors become habit.

Words of encouragement, advice, anything is welcome.

submitted by /u/dilettantesball
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2D2TItn

No comments:

Post a Comment