Thursday, November 7, 2019

Weight loss with limitations?

Hi guys, I'm a new follower to this sub but man do I have a situation. You'll need a bit of my health backstory. I was super skinny for years and years. I had to gain weight to stabilize my very low blood pressure, and then I was put on antipsychotics and gained thirty pounds in a month. I have PCOS, and therefore an insulin resistance. I also have hashimotos, and am still on antipsychotics that slow the metabolism. After a struggle with a miscarriage, I worked hard and lost 30 pounds (from 190 to 157) before getting pregnant through IVF with my son. I went to the gym 4-5 days a week, and found I really love working out, as it's also very good for my mental health. Baby was born, I had complications. I had seven surgeries over the summer to resolve them. Before pregnancy, I had fatigue and joint pain and muscle weakness, but post pregnancy it got worse. Way, way worse. There's now visible joint damage to my bones in x-rays. It's looking like sero-negative rheumatoid arthritis, although an official diagnosis is still pending. I'm back into the 180s. I keep trying to re-institute an exercise routine but my body fatigues so quickly and I have a ton of inflammation and pain. I can barely care for my baby most days, and had to hire help due to excessive pain. I'm trying to get my diet back under control, but with all my metabolic issues I really struggle just maintaining my weight when I can't include a hefty exercise routine. Worse, the last problem. I'm on so many medications for my health problems that I often feel very nauseous. I need to eat every couple hours to not feel very sick, and usually something more carb based to settle everything. I am recording calories and starting to cut sugar and carbs, but after three months of a calorie "deficit" I gained three more pounds. I'm feeling hopeless and I know my medical problems will make it harder but I don't know what to change next to make this happen.

submitted by /u/MrsLoki12Odin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32oQx9D

No comments:

Post a Comment