Saturday, December 14, 2019

Can't GAIN weight?

Okay, I know this is going to sound like a stupid "look at me" post or something, like I know all of us here struggled or are struggling to lose weight. I am right there with you guys I promise. I've went from 263 to 185 in the past 7-8 months, and it was extremely hard at first. My problem right now, which is effecting me 24/7 and is all I think about, is that since 11/25 I've been 185 pounds. And right around then was Thanksgiving, and since then I've been tracking calories less (still mindful of calories and portions, just not tracking nearly as much), but I've also been indulging in a lot of snacks (triscuits, pretzel sticks and popcorn mainly) and alcohol (vodka with water) a lot in that same time. My scale hasn't moved from 185 (i weigh myself every morning after using the bathroom, I've gone between 182.5 to 187 in those times but 185 is pretty much the baseline.) but I FEEL like I am gaining weight when I look at myself, I don't know if that's because I know I am not being healthy in the slightest and know I should be doing better? I get a lot of exercise through my job and other activities so I can see why I would be able to maintain but it keeps going through my head that I need to restrict. I've started cutting back on the alcohol because I know that's not good for me for other reasons than weight loss. Idk, I just keep thinking about how unhealthy I am a lot but I don't know why the scale won't go up? I'm sure a lot is in my head, has anyone else been anywhere close to experiencing this kind of thing? Sorry for this post, I just can't take feeling like I'm gaining weight but not gaining weight on the scale anymore!

btw I was wondering if my scale was just broken and that's why it wouldn't move, but my dad who lives separately from me said that he used it and it aligned with what he weighs on his Smart Scale at his place (and we don't weigh the same, ~40 pounds difference)

edit: I'm also not trying to gain weight I am trying to lose still, I just know I haven't been making the smartest choices in the past 2-3 weeks and I don't know why the scale doesn't reflect that? Not that I am trying to gain, just I am trying to understand my body and understand how everything effects it. I've already been downvoted i guess but I'm not trying to insult anyone who's having trouble losing, I'm just obsessing because I don't understand why I am eating like I was before and not gaining it back. Please please please don't think this is a post that is saying it is easy to lose or maintain weight, I know it isn't. I just don't understand.

submitted by /u/RobinPeeples
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PmtOHX

No comments:

Post a Comment