Tuesday, December 3, 2019

I've been frustrated that the scale hasn't been moving, but I found out today that there was a reason for that

This past month I've been really frustrated with my weight, especially since I've put in more effort into monitoring what I eat and exercise more. Yet, the scale hasn't moved much, at one point I was even back at my heaviest and I couldn't explain it.

2 weeks ago I noticed that my belly was getting bigger, even though I've definitely been eating less, doing IF and working out 3-4 times a week. I thought maybe I needed to work harder on losing belly fat so I decided to challenge myself to doing 100 sit ups before going to bed.

Less than a week ago, while I was lying on the ground after completing my 100 sit ups for the day, I felt a hard mass in my lower abdomen/pelvic region. At first I didn't think about it too much, as I thought maybe I'm just a bit gassy. But in the next few days, that mass was still there. I shouldn't have done this but I googled my symptoms, and let me tell you, GOOGLE IS NOT A DOCTOR.

I finally got the courage to tell my mom that I needed to see an OB-GYN, and that's probably the best decision I've made.

Just got back from the hospital not too long ago, and turns out I have a giant fibroid (kinda like the size of a giant water balloon) thats sitting in my lower abdomen, and I will have to undergo surgery to get it out. At least it's good to know that it's not cancerous and it's not causing any pain. I still have a few checkup to do before scheduling that surgery but I guess it's a relieve to know that there's a reason why the scale hasn't been moving.

Hopefully this surgery will go well, so that I can resume my weight loss journey. For now I think I need to be less harsh and take better care of myself first.

submitted by /u/juniejunejune
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OJUphN

No comments:

Post a Comment