Saturday, December 21, 2019

I’ve really gotta take weight loss serious...

Little long...

I’ve been overweight since I was around 14. Part of it is due to my PCOS, but I’ve struggled with eating and portions. (I’m from and live in Mississippi.)

I’ve tried so many diets. Keto has been the only thing that was super effective but the 60lbs I lost in the 7 months I was on it came back in 2 months after I had my gallbladder removed and I switched jobs as well.

I was going to try to do WLS, but apparently MS Medicaid is one of the two states in the US that won’t cover it. (Montana is the other state, fyi.)

I’ve been having high blood pressure and my HR suddenly increased the last couple months. I had an echo and stress test done and thankfully they came back okay. I also had my PCP run yearly bloodwork and she also checked my vitamins to see if I had any deficiency. My cholesterol is all high. My potassium has gone up, likely due to taking lisinopril. But I apparently have a severe vitamin D deficiency which would explain a lot honestly. My depression and anxiety have been really bad lately. Also the blood pressure increase and my body just feeling like shit...it makes sense. So I’m on some hefty vitamins D3 to bring it up.

But all of this recently has made me realize despite how hard it will be for me to even lose weight, I’ve got to make changes. I’m 5’2” and was 258.8 the other day at the doctors office. I’m hoping some new medication and the vitamin D3 will help pull me out of such a negative space and stop feeling so worthless. (This is a chronic problem with me since childhood btw.)

I don’t know what I’m going to do honestly. I still want to pursue WLS, but it may have to wait till we move to another state next year. Until then I’ve still gotta make changes so I don’t get any worse. Counting calories stresses me, but I did redownload MFP and try to do my best to keep up with it. I’ve already cut out sweets thanks to lisinopril changing my tastes buds. (I only want salty or spicy.) Portions are my biggest fallback. Living in a southern state and my grandmother living with us and cooking...she makes comments and acts offended if you don’t eat a lot. (Like last night with fried catfish...I had two and she seemingly got annoyed I didn’t have more...)

So...is there is a discord for weight loss...?

submitted by /u/Raiyen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35JDVwg

No comments:

Post a Comment