Thursday, December 5, 2019

Trying to get my mojo back

Well, I seemed to have lost my mojo. I could use some advice and encouragement for others who made it out of this foggy spot before.

I feel disappointed with myself. That I didn't stay on track. And even disappointed that I didn't celebrate what I did accomplish. I was hoping to have an exciting before and after photo someday, to be honest. Like a bratty kid, I want gold stars, but my inner bitch won't let me have them.

I was always waiting to hit some goal more significant. Never hit "50 lbs lost" - hung out here instead. Today, I'm celebrating a SV that I have maintained and not gained weight for 2.5 months.

Not celebrating the loss means I risked giving up, exasperated, YET AGAIN. My weight loss journey started in 2014 and my MyFitnesPal graph looks like peaks and steep drops til I just pop up somewhere on the graph, much higher, much later.

This time, I thought, it would be different.

Since mid-March 2019, I followed a plan-and-measure everything for 6 months in which I lost 48 lbs. Cico is the best thing that has ever worked for me.

I used to check in more often on this subreddit and leave comments. I just got out of the habit? The loseit challenges were a great support, but I dropped off this last one, and felt so disappointed in myself. I am one of those people? I don't want to quit.

I hit my current weight mid-Sept, around my 45th birthday, and I've been bouncing around that for 3 months. I thought by now I would have lost much more if I had continued at the same pace. But I had a few days when I stopped tracking, and I thought, Oh, I will just take a short break. Then there were always 'special' excuses. Oh it's just a treat. It's a special occasion. We're travelling. Yeah, I'll get back to that.

I feel like I was veering into a danger zone when I saw the scale hit 188.8. No no, I can't go back. I'm ready to get back with the plan. I've been trying to make some better choices and got back down to 186. Where I was mid-September, and I realized maybe it's not as bad as I thought.

I want to flip it the story around right now. I have a scale victory to celebrate. I didn't gain. Now, I need to get back.

Any encouragement and advice would be welcome.

submitted by /u/nearlythere
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LqyUR7

No comments:

Post a Comment