Sunday, May 10, 2020

I've reached my goal weight after just a little more than 2 years - and now I want to start working on my general fitness more.

Good morning everyone! Hope you've all been well and safe during quarantine :)

Just a warning that this is a pretty long post haha.

My weight loss journey started sometime in 2018, when I became aware of the fact that I had gained weight. I didn't feel good about the way I looked anymore, but I also struggled with my body image emotionally and mentally. I am ~172 cm ( 5′7.7) tall, and at my heaviest weight that year, I was around 76-77 kg (167-169 lbs). During that year, I decided to make an effort to make a change to my diet and exercise more. By the end of 2018, I was around 67-68kg (147-149 lbs), and I started to feel better and have more energy in my life. Unfortunately, I was restricting myself to around 1200-1300 calories, which is not enough considering I was still growing and fairly active.

As school holidays came around, I lost motivation and stopped tracking and exercising as much. By February 2019, I had gained the weight back again, going to around 75-76 kg (165-167 lbs). I was so disappointed in myself, so angry at myself for undoing all my hard work. However, I was inspired once again when I saw the changes my older brother was making to his own life. I started again, this time eating around 1400-1600 calories, increasing my steps to around 10,000-15,000 a day, and also began to go to the gym around 3-4 times a week.

Around October - November last year, I was at my lowest weight in several years, fluctuating between 61-62 kg (134-136 lbs). I was happy, and working on increasing my strength at the gym. December 2019, I once again became lazy and unmotivated, and when I weighed myself again at the end of February 2020, I had gone up to 1-2 kg. Not as much as I thought, but I was still a little disappointed. If I'm being honest, during these years I wasn't at my best emotionally or mentally, and this really affected my relationship with food at certain points. I struggled with binging and restricting, and my relationship with food deteriorated.

At the beginning of March 2020, I decided to once AGAIN try gettting back into shape, which became slightly more difficult as everything started to close down due to the coronavirus. I wasn't as strict about tracking calories and just decided to exercise more. I did accidentally lose more than I intended because of work, as I move around a lot and used to not be hungry but instead very tired. As of today when I stepped on the scale, I am 58.1 kg (~128 lbs), and finally am able to eat my maintenance calories. My goal weight was 60 kg (132 lbs). In total, I lost around 17.9 kg (39 lbs), and I am proud of myself.

This, of course, doesn't mark the end of my journey. I will be more focused on body recomp and gaining more muscle, as I did actually lose too much weight in a very short amount of time. But now, I look forward to what the future holds.

Even now, I still struggle with not obsessing over food or the number on the scale, but I am working on tackling these issues and learning to love myself - both the past and present me. I hope from my story, I can possibly inspire someone to never give up, and to embrace the little setbacks as part of your journey.

Have a good day everyone!

submitted by /u/Coastron
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WGs8vr

No comments:

Post a Comment