Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Losing weight too quickly, under-eating and losing appetite in general during weight loss

So, I've started on my weight loss journey (largely unintentionally) around the beginning of March, around when the Covid pandemic started becoming a big thing, and social distancing was put in place. What kick started it was the fact I got a puppy, a labrador/husky mix. That meant I had to walk it, and save money for emergencies, which I did by skimping on ordering food and cooking myself.

At the beginning of the year I was around 200-201 lbs. My height is 5"5, and I was obese (33.4) in BMI. I'd lost a bit of weight since that in February, but that was due to depression-induced under-eating. And by losing, I mean like, 2-3 lbs.

In the last 3 months I have apparently lost 17.6 lbs, which is great, but it feels like I'm dropping weight faster and faster, which concerns me. I checked my records for this month, and it's barely in the second week of May, yet I've lost 3.2 lbs. I feel like I'm starting to lose weight way too quickly, and I'm worried that this is bad for my health.

At first my weight didn't budge, and I assumed this was normal. I've been overweight/obese my whole life, and due to PCOS/Anti depressants/Birth Control medication, I've never really experienced significant weight loss, only steady weight gain. Now that the weight loss has been coming in like the wrath of Hera, I'm just a bit concerned.

The kicker is what happened yesterday. I ate around 1300 cal total, and burned off around 700 with walking and cleaning. I eat dinner early, before I leave for walks with my dog, and by that time I was still at a 100 cal deficit. I figured I could just eat more later, and left to walk with my dog. I came back after 1.5 hours of walking (my pup doesn't start getting tired unless I walk him for that long) and I checked my calories and saw I now had a 700 cal deficit. By that time it was around 8 pm, and I wasnt hungry. Eventually I forgot to eat, and I fell asleep at around 10 pm.

Basically I woke up, realized that I had a 700 cal deficit yesterday, (meaning that my consumed calories was about 600 cal yesterday), cue panic. I've noticed a general, gradual loss in appetite since I started the diet a few months ago, but I didn't think I wouldn't notice missing 700 cal (since my daily goal is about 1400 cal). I'm not particularly hungry, tired, or irritated today, and my energy levels seem fine, but I'm worried if this is normal during weight loss.

So, I basically want to ask if losing appetite during weight loss is normal, and if weight loss dropping faster and faster with time (instead of a gradual, steady slope) is healthy.

submitted by /u/Shius
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Ll5Mun

No comments:

Post a Comment