Monday, September 21, 2020

Am I miscalculating or is matcha actually really high in calories?

I almost had a panic attack when I discovered that the matcha powder I was making tea from had calories. The entire bag is 100g, with 409 calories in 100g, and it's said it makes 66 servings, with each serving being a quarter of a teaspoon of powder in 30ml of water, which if my calculations are correct is 6 calories per 30ml.... but of course 30ml is nothing, so let's say I make an actually large amount of matcha, say 300ml, so that's 10x the calories which is 60 calories... but I find it hard to believe tea could possibly have that many calories. Not only that but I weighed out three quarters of a teaspoon of powder on my food scale and it was still at 0g, but my brand of matcha says a quarter of a teaspoon is 1.5 grams, and most popular claims say that one gram of matcha is 3 calories so there's a ton of conflicting information... am I miscalculating or is matcha actually way too high in calories to be included on a diet? This is very strange considering its reputation as a weight loss drink.

submitted by /u/Chainsmoker88
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RPkDA8

No comments:

Post a Comment