Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Back on the weight loss train.

I’m starting another weight loss journey, and I’m very upset that I’ve let myself get back to this point. I’m determined not to let it happen again. Just a disclaimer this is going to be long, if you do decide to read it, thank you, if not, no worries, I get it.

The first time I decided to really focus on getting into shape was in high school, with a purpose in mind, to be a better baseball player, well things worked out and I was playing baseball at the collegiate level, but I got content with where I was and let it all go, ballooning up into the 200s for the first time in my life. During the off-season of that year I realized I was not in any kind of shape for an athlete. I worked hard, mainly with old fashioned calorie counting and exercise and got myself back in the 190s.

Two years later my arm was damaged to the point I couldn’t really throw anymore at least not for that level of competition, and without that competitive motivation, I saw myself neglecting exercise and eating like trash again. I popped back up to 220 and decided it was time to do this again, once again, by restricting calories and doing at a very minimum some cardio every day, I managed to get myself down to 170 before graduating. I felt committed to maintaining a healthy weight and started either lifting weights or swimming every day. I gained weight, but it was about 15 pounds of muscle this time.

When work moved me to a new town, one without a rec center or an affordable gym, I once again lost my motivation to work out, and slowly the stress of this job and the horrible conditions I was living under, had me making worse and worse food choices along with stress eating. I wasn’t weighing myself regularly anymore but I knew my clothes were getting tighter. But I ended up moving to a town 20 miles away from work, and the better living conditions cleared my head, I made better food choices but still wasn’t working out regularly, I did enough to stave off the weight gain, but not enough to lose the amount I had already gained.

I ended up shifting careers, into something I really enjoy, moving back to my hometown, and I’ve had a lot of success with it. That being said, it can be stressful at times and I am traveling a lot, I’m not making excuses, I know there are ways to stay active and eat better on the road, but there’s no doubt it makes things harder, and having become obsessed with this new career, I neglected my health once again, to the point that I now stand at 6’ 1” and weigh in excess of 230 pounds (28M), and I couldn’t be more upset with myself. Although I did make a lifestyle change one year ago that has been for the better, quitting soda.

Beginning yesterday, I am shifting into judiciously consuming 1500 calories a day, and using intermittent fasting as a mechanism to help control my appetite, rather than just eating whatever and whenever. I will be spending a minimum of 30mins running or walking every day I’m at home and will be going on morning jogs or walks when I’m on the road. Once I’m under 200 pounds I will lower my calorie deficit and ramp up the exercise.

I plan to post an update here once a week in an effort to hold myself accountable. This yo-yo cycle for me needs to stop, and I intend to begin that process now.

For those of you that read through that, thank you, I appreciate the support, even if it is from strangers.

TL;DR: I’m a yo-yo dieter intending to buck the yo-yo trend.

submitted by /u/nickelstheAP
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ERvoiK

No comments:

Post a Comment