Tuesday, September 8, 2020

How much weight can you really attribute to water retention?

I am only 3 weeks into this latest round of serious weight loss effort, so I’m not super worried about this but I am frustrated. The first week I dropped 1 lb. and thought, okay, that’s fine. Then last week I lost 3 lbs. and I was really stoked. Then this week I got on the scale and I gained back all 3 lbs, and I’m feeling pretty bummed. I know it’s unlikely that I actually gained back everything I lost in a week, but how much of that can I honestly attribute to water retention?

A couple things to note: - I am on day 2 of my period. - I got pretty drunk on Sunday night. - I am averaging 1200 calories/day (about 900 calorie deficit/day according to my Fitbit, which, I know, inaccurate). BUT I am only counting calories on weekdays and just trying to be careful on the weekends but not stress over it because I know myself and I know if I try to do too much too fast I will get obsessive and then do some real counter-productive disordered eating nonsense.

So what do you guys think? How much weight gain can water retention really cause and how much of that 3 lbs. is a backslide?

Edited to add that I’m on hormonal birth control so my hormones don’t follow the normal fluctuation patterns of someone not on hormonal BC.

submitted by /u/MrPointyStrikesAgain
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kbkWBR

No comments:

Post a Comment