Tuesday, September 22, 2020

I’m starting to fear weight loss

So I’m a 22F and at my highest weight I was 99.9kg (220lbs). I’ve steadily lost weight over a year and I’m currently 79kg (174lbs). When I was a teenager I was 68kg had a very developed body (large chest and hips, small waist). It caused me to get some unwanted attention, and I really didn’t like it. I started gaining weight right out of school because I wasn’t as active and I was eating out with friends more. Stress also caused me to eat more, and I ended up gaining a lot. I recently lost most of the weight, and was at a party a few weeks ago. I was in jeans and a t shirt, nothing sexy, but there was a guy who was harassing me again. Grabbing my butt, asking me to kiss him... it had been years since I had to deal with harassment like that and I was so shocked and uncomfortable I just hid in the kitchen for most of the party and ate and ate and ate. Ever since then I’ve been kinda scared of losing weight. I don’t want to be harassed, I don’t want to stand out, I don’t want that attention. I enjoyed the lack of attention when I was at my heaviest, but I needed to lose the weight for health reasons. I’m just not sure how to get my mind over the fear and continue to lose weight. I know it sounds like a stuck up complaint (oh no, you’re looking good and getting hit on! How awful!), but it’s seriously something that’s tripping up my weight loss and I need to find a way to overcome it so I can be at my goal weight and within a healthy BMI range- I have 8kg to go!

submitted by /u/peach_problems
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hS3Veh

No comments:

Post a Comment