Sunday, September 13, 2020

I’m Utterly Overwhelmed

I've been thinking a lot about weight loss and the overwhelm associated with it. My thought process usually goes something like this:

I want to lose weight!

How will I lose weight?

I can set up systems, count calories, weigh food, complete workouts x, y, and z

But I know those systems don't work/ aren't necessarily realistic or sustainable

So where should I begin then?

How do I stop overeating/ bingeing?

I suppose I need counselling to address that(?)

Counselling is expensive, and I've looked everywhere for a therapist that will even address BED! They're nowhere to be found!

If I can't conquer my BED through deep dives in therapy, I won't be able to change my eating habits and I'll never lose the weight

overwhelm intensifies

In the past I have lost and regained over 100 pounds. I’ve done diets, counting calories, restricting food...you name it, I’ve done it.

I know that if I continue going at the weight I am, with the discomfort, pain, and health issues attached to it, I’ll be miserable. But what the HECK do I do to change when it feels like I’ve tried literally everything in the past without success?

How do I move past the psychological roadblocks around BED?

submitted by /u/befierclykind
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35xkWYx

No comments:

Post a Comment