Sunday, September 13, 2020

This was going to be a rant

The past couple weeks I had been feeling super discouraged about my weight loss. I've recently gone back to college, and I know that a change in routine throws me off and slows down my progress. It felt like a couple of mess-ups in my diet would negate a week's worth of progress or more. I know weight fluctuates, but my downward trend was going back up.

So I was going to write a post that was a little bit of a rant -- I'm 5'3", so my plan always feels restrictive in comparison to everyone else. SW (highest): 150 lbs, GW: 125. I eat 1200-1400 calories a day. I try to be active: strength training 3x week, jogging 2-4x week, and 10,000 steps per day. I'm by no means perfect with these goals but I've been trying to lose weight since January. I'm in the "last 10 lbs" area so I know it's not going to be fast.

But I was curious - how much weight had I actually lost in the past month? Week? How did that compare to last month? We all know how easy it is to get caught up on what the scale says every day. I was able to export all of the data from my fitbit and I threw it into Tableau to analyze this morning - and was completely surprised at the results.

On average (50% of the time), I lose 0.3 lbs a week or 1.3 lbs a month. My trend of monthly weight loss has decreased significantly as well. About 40% of the time I gain weight over a week. Even over the course of a month, I don't lose weight 25% of the time. My rate of progress is so slow to follow on a weekly scale - no wonder I'd be discouraged, especially if I'm not directly on a downward trend. I'm consistent enough to where my efforts have resulted in weight loss, albeit very slow -- 17 lbs over the course of 9 months that includes COVID-19 (my highest weight was 150, not recorded on my fitbit).

So I guess this is just another long reminder to just keep trucking along, even when it feels like you're getting nowhere. If you stuck around this far thanks - feel free to check out the dashboard here (best viewed on desktop). Hopefully this is able to help anyone who's on that slow-progress train too. And ofc if you have any advice you think could help speed me up, I'd always appreciate it.

submitted by /u/kaila_2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32o1fQZ

No comments:

Post a Comment