Monday, September 21, 2020

Tracking calories

It's amazing to me how much tracking my calories and working toward a sustainable healthy lifestyle have affected my calorie input.

I went off the rails yesterday eating. I just updated my calorie tracker and I consumed a now massive 2250 cals. It felt like so much but that is likely what I used to consume on a low day with little to no exercise.

The thing is, I played tennis with my brother yesterday for 2.5 hours (est -1097 cals) so my net was still only 1153 for the day.

It's remarkable the changes that I've implemented now seem so effective when I look at the numbers. Data is so helpful to me. I want this last big weight loss to be my last time I have to do this. I'm down from roughly 235 to 195 now. I don't beat myself up when I have a bad day but I have calculated my base rate and I try to center my eating around that. Initially it was hard but it's growing increasingly easier.

I'm looking forward to hitting my goal weight eventually, but I have no timeline, just trying to win every day.

Thank you all for your great posts and inspiration here. I can't wait to post my before and after pictures :-)

submitted by /u/DieNachste
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hQWBzA

No comments:

Post a Comment