Thursday, October 1, 2020

No-Low Calorie Ingredients for Flavor and Sauces?

So I recently discovered how wonderful and versatile Dijon Mustard can be for weight loss efforts. There are only 5 calories in one tsp of the stuff and you need to use very little for a single serving of whatever you are making. Before, I was making salads and drizzling olive oil and balsamic vinegar as a dressing, but now I mix together the Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar and dried herbs such as basil or oregano for my salads and I am saving a lot of calories by nixing the olive oil. (I know I could just use balsamic vinegar alone but that has gotten old after a while lol). I also made a tuna salad the other night and instead of using Mayo or Avocados, I just used the Dijon mustard and it was wonderful! I have also mixed it with red wine vinegar to use as a dressing for my quinoa salads or bean salads that I make for the work week.

So my question to you guys is if you have any other ingredients/condiments that are low in calories that you can easily put into a sauce or dressing w/ minimal ingredients to throw on things for more flavor? Maybe some suggestions that are less acidic than Dijon and vinegars?

submitted by /u/LavenderRobot
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2G9I3hM

No comments:

Post a Comment