Friday, November 13, 2020

Considering extreme weight loss after eating disorder recovery

Edit: ignore my flair. I used to be a give here then dropped off when I started losing weight at a more rapid and unhealthy pace

The title sums it up. I went from 200 lbs to underweight (I don’t say my weight at that time so as to not trigger myself again too badly.) Now I’ve gained back the majority of the weight after recovery and getting pregnant/giving birth, and I continually cycle between knowing it’s normal and good to gain weight in recovery, and that very few women go back to the weight they were pre pregnancy right away, and wanting to starve myself again. No in between. No “I’ll lose weight in a healthy way” because the second I start losing weight, the second I slip into old habits. I want to be thin again but I’m not sure I trust myself to stop at a healthy weight. My view of my current body is very warped as it is.

Any words of wisdom? Any former/recovered(recovering) anorexics able to lose the weight you gained from post-starvation hyperplagia in a healthy way? Is it even worth doing so? I’m lost.

then and now

submitted by /u/mewscarpone
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32EiFsw

No comments:

Post a Comment