Friday, November 13, 2020

Day 20 at Fat Camp

I lost 22 pounds! That's 448 down from 470. Last post: https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/jnbzor/day_10_at_fat_camp/

It's been 10 days since I last posted, and it feels like so much time has passed. But I'm still at this makeshift fat camp where I'm staying in my dad's old office in an effort to start some new healthier habits. My dad's been helping me pretty much every step of the way in making sure I don't get junk food and keep a nutritious diet.

Unfortunately, my dad picked up an illness that may be COVID, so now I'm by myself for a few days, and things have been tough without him. I'm doing all my grocery shopping on my own now, and it's hard to not go down the aisles with junk food. I have access to money for the first time in two weeks and I'm scared of using it to order a pizza or something. I'm doing my best to avoid these temptations, but I'm looking forward to my dad's recovery all the more so I can be less tempted again while these cravings are still in my system.

In brighter news, I'm pretty ingrained in the habit of going on walks every morning and evening, as well as eating oatmeal with fruit for breakfast. I do it almost without thinking now, which is a good sign. I'm still trying out new foods that are healthy for me for lunch and dinner, and while I'm struggling to get veggies into every meal, my calories have been consistently between 1900 and 2300 per day without much struggle.

My days at work are awful to deal with though. I usually struggle with getting through the day in my boring office job (working from home), but I would always focus on something I'm looking forward to, to get me through the day. The problem is, I was usually looking forward to eating junk. Now I don't enjoy eating as much, so I feel like I have nothing to look forward to, making my days seem impossible. It's been so bad that my dad suggested that I quit. I've got some money saved up for rent so I could just spend my time looking for a more fulfilling career while working on weight loss. He says that work is interfering with my health at this point, making me do nothing but crave fast food all day, and I'm kind of inclined to believe him. At the same time, I'd feel like a loser by not being able to keep up a job and live my life healthily. Like, so many other people live healthy with crappy jobs, why am I incapable of it? There are a lot of nuances to this that I can't be bothered going into, but the point is, I have a major decision to make coming up, and I'm not sure how I'll handle it.

Anyways, thanks for all the support in my last post. I'm still keeping at it, and I'm going to do my best while I'm here. Any questions on how this camp of mine works, let me know, I'm happy to share.

submitted by /u/BenCraigKey
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3eZ0VN6

No comments:

Post a Comment