Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Eating healthy while depressed?

Since my mom’s cancer diagnosis last year, I’ve been steadily gaining weight. I’m now at a high of 273lbs and I feel awful about it. I’ve been struggling with horrible depression as well as burnout from my work as an in-home caregiver.

As far as food goes, I’m not really up for much cooking. I’ve been living on Amy’s and Lean Cuisine frozen meals, but those are getting pretty old. I prefer vegetarian but I’m somewhat flexible, though I try to stay away from pork. I also don’t really eat leftovers, so big batch cooking isn’t realistic for me. Also, I do most of my shopping at Trader Joe’s, if that makes a difference. I also have an instant pot and an air fryer.

Basically, I need help coming up with ideas for foods that don’t require a lot of cooking, don’t make a lot of leftovers, and are healthy/promote weight loss. I know my options are limited, but was wondering if anyone has any ideas?

submitted by /u/tifuganja
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3jX170t

No comments:

Post a Comment