Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Hit my goal weight this morning!!!

56F, SW 279, CW 160, Weight lost 119 lbs.

I began this journey on 9/27/19. Goal was to lose 1.5 lbs per week. It took 53.5 weeks. Average of 2.22 lbs per week. The last two months have been the slowest, averaging 1 lb per week.

No surgery, no exercise (despite constant nagging 😂)

I did it through counseling at a non-surgical weight loss clinic at my local hospital. It’s hard to summarize a year’s worth of dietary counseling into a sentence or two, but mainly monitoring carbs and protein. At least 80g of protein per day and no more than 100g of carbs.

The biggest challenge was accurately counting the carbs and protein in non-packaged foods. MyFitnessPal has a database from other users’ inputs. It can vary wildly and be as accurate as you might guess.

So I’m basically on the Lean Cuisine diet 🤣. Anything pre-packaged that can accurately tell me what the counts are.

My biggest take-away from it all is how easy and scientific the process was. The weight just fell off. Calculations of basal metabolic rate versus food intake - hmmmm. Wow. Is that it?

Biggest challenge now is to maintain it. I hope it will be as easy as the losing part! I suspect it won’t be, though.

Good luck to all my fellow losers!!! There is hope. Get help. Seriously - get professional help. It wasn’t expensive. Basic doctor co-pay each month for first six months then once every two months.

submitted by /u/Yarntopia
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3oY28c7

No comments:

Post a Comment