Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Gotta get back on the wagon, but I already feel discouraged

I feel discouraged because at this point, I know exactly how things are going to unfold: I'm going to bust my butt tracking every single calorie, eating at a proper deficit (yes I've calculated my TDEE and BMR and all that), giving up various things and being hungry all the time, only to watch the scale not move at all, at best.

In the time I've been losing weight (about three years now), I've tried a few different diets, most of which didn't work like keto/low carb, vegetarianism and intermittent fasting. The one that did work was just plain CICO, which worked until it didn't. I know weight loss becomes harder as I get closer to my goal weight and that I need to adjust my calorie intake to match my new weight, but even that's not doing it because the deficit at which I've been eating is still below what I should be eating to lose weight. I use my goal weight as the basis of my calorie deficit instead of my current weight, so I should absolutely still be in a deficit. Apparently I'm just very fuel efficient?

Basically, all I've been doing the last few months is gaining and losing the same five pounds. I eat at least somewhat healthy - roasted vegetables, salads (I try to go easy on the dressings), rice, oatmeal, tofu, seafood, baking stuff instead of frying it, fruit for dessert if I can spare the calories, Truvia or Swerve instead of sugar, no soda, weighing stuff out in grams so I know exactly how much I'm consuming, tracking calories. I have occasional garbage food like hot dogs or canned baked beans, but I make room for it in my calorie budget.

What gets me is it doesn't matter if I count my calories obsessively or I eat like a pig because my weight doesn't budge! I just got done trying intermittent fasting for a few weeks without calorie counting and just ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted because from what I understood, calorie counting wasn't entirely necessary with IF. I waffled around between 205 and 210 the whole time. Before that, I was actively keeping a food journal and eating around 1200 calories a day and I was still stuck between 205 and 210. Currently back to calorie tracking and after a week of eating mindfully, I'm up to 212. Off to a great start.

I'm starting to fall into fatlogic, thinking that my current weight is what I'm "supposed to" weigh and that's why I can't lose more, even though I know that's not true. It's just really discouraging to keep chugging away at a diet and seeing exactly no payoff. I know the issue is that I'm still somehow eating too much, so I guess I just have to keep on lowering my calorie intake until the scale moves. I'm not really looking for advice because I know the answer is to simply eat less, I'm just kind of unloading because I feel like I'm following all the rules, yet I'm still failing.

submitted by /u/BingoHighway
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Iq0aR8

No comments:

Post a Comment