Thursday, November 12, 2020

How do I know when I should honor my “hunger”?

I’m a 27f who is 5’9” and currently 148ish pounds. At my highest several years ago I was just over 200 lbs. since January I have lost about 10 pounds. Something about my eating habits - I have limited gastric accommodation meaning I can’t physically fit as much food in my stomach as a normal meal would require. This change was the reason for most of my weight loss from the 200 pounds, not better eating habits. I am addicted to sugar and love lots of high calorie foods and that’s why I still have weight I want to lose.

Over the summer I started counting calories and tracking everything I ate with a scale. It worked wonders at first. But about a month ago I started to hit a plateau and then also gained a pound or two back. My goal weight is 140 so I just have a few more to go. It’s been really hard to stay within my budget though lately, I am constantly going over my budget (basically daily) with foods i don’t “need”.

I started with about 1400 cals a day, increased it to 1550 which worked for a while, then now I’m averaging 1800-2000 a day. I know this is a normal amount to eat but I feel like I can’t reach my goals this way. I’m a first year teacher which has been really hard and I have a lot of stress now in my personal life and I think these two things have made it hard to cut out sweets more. My friends seem to think I should let myself eat more and I really believe it’s out of concern for me and not jealousy or anything about not wanting me to achieve my goals.

I’m not sure what my activity level counts as since I don’t work out regularly but my job leaves me wanting to eat a lot and I’m just wondering when I should let myself eat more or if not, how I should eat in order to stay under my budget.

For the record I’m not starving, or even all that hungry, but it’s more like satiation and emotional hunger that seems to be why I’m eating. And it’s almost always sweets.

I just really want to lose these last few pounds as I don’t carry them well. Pls help 🥴

submitted by /u/emsayloves
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36oHae0

No comments:

Post a Comment