Friday, November 6, 2020

How does 5 years of age (25vs.30 y/o) affect the effectiveness of losing weight?

Five years ago when I was 25ish i decided to become more healthy and lost roughly 15-20kg between January to May. I went from not ever really exercising to running ~3km a day 5-6 days a week plus playing some badminton for fun with a friend once a week for roughy 1-2 hours. In addition to this I cut out all sweets, soft drinks and alcohol. When I look back to this time I don’t see it as it was difficult or mentally challenging. I just did it mainly to feel better rather than losing weight. Due to this I wasn’t on top of documenting my starting weight, but I know it would’ve been around 75-80kg and when summer came I was around 60-65kg.

Now to my question. I’m now 29 and roughly 80kg heavy again due to I worked in hospo and falling out of the routine. In addition to this, covid isolation/quarantine sadly also added a few kgs.

Six weeks ago I started my new project of losing weight. I’m running 3-3,5 km three days, resting one, running three and so on. I also wanted to try out yoga and have been doing yoga everyday for 43 days in a row as this post. (Yoga with Adrienne on YT, 30 day challenges) I never got back to drinking either alcohol or soft drinks since I cut them out my first time. I have a love for baking so sweets and pastries are eaten occasionally but not regularly. Now I have noticed a difference feeling “tighter” / “slimmer” but after at this time six weeks after starting running/yoga my scale still says 79-80 kgs.

How much difference does 5 years (being 30 instead of 25) make when it comes to weight loss? I’m still patient and know that losing weight shouldn’t and can’t really be rushed for a healthy lifestyle. But still curious. Thank you

submitted by /u/UppZi
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3l9WKAI

No comments:

Post a Comment