Thursday, November 5, 2020

How to deal with weight loss/gain while sick with Covid

Hey everyone! Could use some words of wisdom and encouragement right now.

I spent the last 6 months losing weight and lost a total of 40lbs going from 183 to 143 (I’m 26F 5ft6). I am sooooo proud of my progress and feel that I’m nearing completion and moving toward maintenance. Problem is I got covid and was down and out for 12ish days. No exercise. Didn’t eat much (not being able to taste makes food a hell of a lot less desirable). Slept a lot. And “lost” 5 pounds... going down to 138. I know it’s not actual fat and it’s more likely water weight and possible muscle loss (??) but it’s all coming back now that I’m healthy and waking/eating again. I’m back to 143 this morning which I know isn’t a bad thing but I feel like I’m gaining weight and look in the mirror and just feel shame. I’ve been eating healthier again now that I’m not sick and am back to my calorie counting so that’s good I guess. But my boyfriend did surprise me with 5 Guys burgers and fries tonight to celebrate being able to taste again so that’s not gonna be a fun weigh in tomorrow either (even though it was delicious).

I guess my questions are.... how do you deal with “gaining” weight after “losing” it from being sick? How do you not hate yourself for the fluctuations in the number in the scale when physically you’re not really losing/gaining inches? I feel like I’m being so hard on myself for no reason. It’s such a mental game... like the number goes up and I hate myself lol ughhh

submitted by /u/lolatheaudi
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3etVXru

No comments:

Post a Comment