Monday, November 2, 2020

Just realized I have exercise equipment in every room of the house

SW: 88 kg / CW: 62 kg / GW: 55-60 kg (but 62 isn’t bad either!)

I realized this morning - In the living room, we have a fold-up treadmill and a yoga ball, which I use for quick runs and core workouts in the early early mornings while I also work from home. Behind the kitchen cabinet are a couple kettlebells I use during breaks while cooking. In the bathroom, I have a heavy dumbbell I pick up while supervising my kids taking baths. In the bedroom, we have a pull-up/dip station and another kettlebell. (Well, technically there’s nothing in the kids’ bedroom, but that wouldn’t be safe.) I don’t even consciously think about it a lot do the time - it’s just habit now.

I think it’s symbolic of the way I’ve managed to make exercise a natural part of life. I’ve always enjoyed exercise, but it threw me for a terrible loop once I had kids we had to watch 24/7, on top of working, and I no longer had the time, opportunity, or energy to religiously get out to the gym. It also influenced my eating, since being active is a big inspiration for me to also eat healthily, and I felt for a long time that if I could no longer workout, weight loss was also doomed.

But about 3 years ago, after the birth of my last kid, I found this sub and asked questions and read others’, and it sunk in that, no, exercise and burning calories that way is NOT necessary to weight loss at all, and that really freed up my way of thinking. I made it a daily goal from the beginning to just do some, ANY sort of exercise. Instead of needing an hour at the gym, I started doing what I could, when I could. In addition to 5-minute, multitasking mini-workouts throughout the day, I go outside for longer runs when I get a chance, and every day I walk my kids pretty much everywhere possible in the baby carrier and double stroller. (Added bonus is that all 3 kids are already pro walkers/runners themselves, and from watching me and my husband know exercise is something fun we do to be healthy and strong.)

For anyone who has trouble fitting in exercise into a busy life, remember that you can lose weight without exercise, so no need to feel that pressure or make that an excuse - but also know that exercise brings so many health benefits both mental and physical, and that anyone CAN find a way to exercise, if you think outside of the box!

submitted by /u/Tigertigerishungry
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35Xt4jJ

No comments:

Post a Comment