Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Long Term Success Chances?

M/26/5'7"/290lbs.

I have struggled with weight since I was around 18 years old. A couple of years ago, I went from 245 down to 187, doing CICO and CrossFit. Almost as soon as I hit my lowest weight, I started a stressful new job and gained it ALL back PLUS 45lbs.

I just had my A1C checked, and I am at 6.3. For those not fluent in the language of diabetes, that means I'm on my absolute last chance to turn my shit around before I develop type 2 diabetes for sure. I have a family history of it as well.

I have started working intensely with a therapist, as well as a personal trainer. I have previously been to several nutritionists, do a ton of research on nutrition, and I work for a dining program at a big 10 school. I have a RD in the office, she sits 10 feet from me.

I also spend a lot of time watching My 600lb Life, I think it honestly might be a form of self-harm for me at this point. Something I keep seeing and hearing and reading is that long-term success for big weight loss is almost zero. I'm afraid if I lose weight again, I'll yo-yo back up above 300.

I know the answer isn't "don't try to lose weight". I know that's the opposite of the answer, but I still can't help but feel terrified and defeated, before I've really even started. I don't know what answer I'm looking for, I suppose I'm just venting.

submitted by /u/brosfriendly
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3khtQNG

No comments:

Post a Comment