Thursday, November 12, 2020

Lose It! Or MyFitnessPal? Something else?

Now that I'm in super serious mode about my weight loss, it's time to settle on an app for CICO. I have both Lose It! and MyFitnessPal.

Honestly there's pros and cons to both, though I'm sure I haven't explored both of them in depth yet. I like that Lose It adjusts your calories for each meal as you eat through the day. But MAN, their recipe creator is kinda wonky. I made a large pot meal the other day, recorded all ingredients, said it made 8 servings. Now when I select that meal and put 1 serving, it thinks I've eaten the whole pot. If I don't mess with anything it automatically says I have eaten .16 servings. Like... what. But the interface overall seems better than MyFitnessPal.

I've also noticed the calories needed for weight loss vary greatly between the two. Lose It said I needed to eat around 1900. MFP says 1750. I manually set my deficit at 1600 regardless.

What's everyone preferred app between the two and why? Or do you use another CICO app that's better than either?

submitted by /u/exogensays
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3eZDzHl

No comments:

Post a Comment