Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Lost some weight too quickly?

Hello, I'll try keep this short. I'm 6ft3, M(18), SW: 230lbs (104.1kg), CW: 223.98lbs (101.6kg), GW:(85kg) - Been above 100kg for more than a year.

I'm overweight by BMI standards but I'm the type of guy who's been exercising on and off heavily for years (weightlifting). I've had a recent interest in calisthenics and I picked up running (mind you very slowly) 3 times a week. In order to improve both my running times and my calisthenics strength, I made it a goal from last week to lose weight.

For the first time in possibly years I've been consistent after checking out r/theXeffect subreddit for the past 8 days.

Within a week, I've lost 2.5kg. Now I'm worried because this is quite a drastic loss in just 8 days. I've begun cooking my own meals yet still enjoying what I love (not a big fan of diets and all that jazz, I just eat in moderation and as healthy as possibe) strongly following CICO and I practice IF (12-8pm). I'm aware of my TDEE and BMR and I make it an effort to eat 1700-2200 calories a day.

Is this still too little? Admittedly I'm not a very patient guy but I know of the dangers of losing weight too fast. I've gone through a lot of weight loss before and went through a moderate body composition. I don't feel any sort of change in energy or strength, if anything I feel more energised. I do not count calories or macronutrients opting for a more "feel" approach (although I've counted the calories of all the meals I've had the past 8 days and roughly estimated from there) but my meals are very nutritious.

TL;DR: Lost 2.5kg in a week, feel no different, eating just below BMR (1000kcal deficit, overweight)

Also a side question: Is there really such a thing as slowing your metabolism?

submitted by /u/Prosper_T1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32yJw90

No comments:

Post a Comment