Tuesday, November 3, 2020

My weight loss progress! Also, questions about Body Recomposition? Requirements? Any success if you’ve tried it?

Here’s a little backstory first:

I’ve been trying to lose fat for YEARS now as far as I can remember, but every time I’d “try” I would just give up in a week or two. This year was the first time I took it seriously. Since March, I started the CICO diet approach, took measures every week, checked my weight progress each week. I was so relieved, for the first time in my life my waist was shrinking and my weight dropping, I was ecstatic!

I went from a 104cm (41in) waist to now, 85cm (33.5in). My weight was bearing near 90kg (198.5lbs) and today I am 69.3kg (153lbs).

I must admit, I did make some mistakes in the beginning. Such as dropping my calories way too low, not doing any lifting at all, excess cardio. I was sacrificing my sleep everyday just to fit in cardio.

Stats: 18 years old | 172cm (5’8) | B:90kg(198.5lbs) | C:69.3kg(153lbs) |OG-Goal:65kg(143lbs).

Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures in the beginning. Here’s a picture of me in 2018 at age 16 (probably the heaviest I’ve ever been).

The first progress pic I took probably mid way to 3/4 of the way through my cut

Of picture of me now

As you can probably see, I have ended up skinny fat. I’m still happy that I’ve lost most of the fat now nevertheless. I have a predominate hip bone structure (“genes”). I know I can get rid of them, however I don’t feel too comfortable cutting now. Especially that I’ve been in a deficit since late Feb until just last week.

My diet right now (bulking experiment):

2300-2500kcal

150-170g protein

Fat doesn’t exceed over 60g

Carbs just fall in where they do

I don’t eat any specific meals each day, I like to change up my food because I will get bored of eating the same thing.

Upon research, I came across a term called body recomposition. To my surprise, so many people have mixed thoughts about it. Some say it works, some seem to argue otherwise and some will say it only works for a specific group of people.

I’ve compiled a list of “qualifications” for a body recomp! FYI: this information is merely from my own research, I am not claiming that any of this is true nor false):

  1. A recomposition definitely works for younger people, i.e. teenagers.

  2. You must have a good amount of body fat to try this approach?

  3. Beginner lifters have a better advantage.

  4. Calorie cycling (which I hate IMO).

Can anyone who is knowledgeable in this please confirm if any of these are true or false?

As for my final question. Has anyone here ever tried this approach to fat loss + muscle building? Did it work? Would you recommend it to anyone? Why or why not?

Thank you taking the time to read this!

submitted by /u/hassannreda
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kVhig9

No comments:

Post a Comment