Sunday, November 1, 2020

People are starting to notice my weight loss

I started the first week of September at 5'10/178cm, 220 lbs/100kg. I don't own a scale or have access to one in lockdown but based on my MFP and my measurements i figure I've lost around 20lbs/9kg!

Last night was the first time someone other than my weight loss buddy commented on my progress and reactions left me with a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. I've read a lot on here & similar subs that a lot of times you'll end up losing friends but I still wasn't expecting a reaction like that from someone I'm so close to

The night started with me sending a picture of my halloween costume to my my mom (covid safe celebration, my roommates and I got dressed up and watched movies!) I didn't tell her that I was trying to lose weight, and she replied back saying that I look "so skinny!" And that she almost didn't recognize me. I told this to my friends and one of them got very quiet.

Later on in the night we were talking about clothes, and I said that I didn't feel comfortable in a certain outfit I own because of my belly, and that I'd wait until my stomach slims down to wear it. The same friend from earlier then told me that I've lost "so much weight" and that she hopes i don't lose anymore because "then [she'd] have to lose weight too", and started grilling me about how much I weigh and comparing it to her own body.

I didn't respond but I still feel really uneasy about it. I know her body issues are her own problem and I'm absolutely gonna continue on my own journey but like... Wtf? It was a strange interaction, but my takeaway is that people are actually starting to notice a change in my appearance! I've been obese my whole life so having people call me "skinny" (even though I know I still have ~40lbs until I reach a healthy weight) is totally foreign to me. It's nice to know that I'm getting noticable results i guess!

submitted by /u/freckledcas
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3edJUyF

No comments:

Post a Comment