Friday, November 13, 2020

Recently started strength training and weight loss has slowed - should I be decreasing calories? Increasing training?

Hello!

5'4 and starting weight of 195.

About four weeks ago, I started (hopefully for the last time) on my new healthier lifestyle. Normally, what I do is just calorie counting/restriction and occasional exercise here and there, but this time I decided to join a gym and I've been working through a strength training program 4x a week with a trainer.

Normally when I decide to cut calories and track, I lose about 4-5 lbs in the first week (which I know is mainly water) and then about 2 lbs per week after that until I get bored and quit.

This time, though, I'm losing like .5 lbs per week. I'm currently at 193 after 4 weeks.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong - my trainer has told me to eat 1900 calories per day which is way higher than I normally eat when I'm trying to lose weight, so I've been keeping to 1400-1500 instead. I'm diligently weighing and tracking so I really don't think calories are the issue. I think one time I forgot to log a banana, but that's all.

But I must not be doing it right because my weight loss is SO MUCH SLOWER than normal and it's so discouraging. Should I try to cut down to 1200 calories? Or should I be introducing more cardio maybe or lifting more?

I hate strength training as it is, so doing it and not seeing results is making me want to stop :(

Any advice would be greatly appreciated <3

submitted by /u/AyEmElle
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35sXbR3

No comments:

Post a Comment