Saturday, November 7, 2020

Small win! Got my first compliment on my weight loss when I’ve hardly realized any change myself in my body and was growing frustrated (F25, 5’4, SW: 188.5, CW: 178, GW: 140)

I gained about 15 lbs during quarantine from about 173 to 188 lbs and have been struggling for months to get it off. In the last month, I started doing keto, alternative day fasting, and I’ve also finished two, 3-day fasts. Though I’ve lost about 10 lbs, I’ve grown so frustrated because I really didn’t notice a change in my body personally. I even took photos and could hardly see a change compared to the before photos I took at 188 lbs.

Well tonight I had dinner with my dad and my dads gf. I hadn’t seen my dads gf in about 2 months whereas I’ve seen everyone else in my life at least once a week for the past couple months. No one in my life has even commented on my weight loss and tbh I didn’t expect them to because I hardly noticed it myself and I haven’t really told anyone in my life I’m trying to lose weight either.

But as soon I walked in to dinner, my dads girlfriend immediately exclaimed, “wow, you’ve lost so much weight! You look great! It’s so noticeable too! That’s amazing.” And I was like “really?” And she’s like “yeah!! Your face looks so much thinner, you waist and legs do as well. That’s amazing! What have you been doing?” And to be honest, that made me feel just really good. I’ve been getting so discouraged with my weight loss journey thinking that even though I’ve lost about 10 lbs, nothing has actually changed and nothing ever will despite how hard I’ve been working. I think this was the motivation I needed to keep going to lose my next 10 lbs. I just wanted to share this story because I’m sure many of you are in the position I am where you’re feeling frustrated and not noticing results, but that does not mean they are not there. It’s just hard to notice results when you see yourself in the mirror every day and/or are hypercritical of yourself. Keep going everyone! We got this!

submitted by /u/justanother0077
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2GCJ0iC

No comments:

Post a Comment