Saturday, November 7, 2020

Stuck in the 230s and looking for advice

I’ve been slowly losing weight using CICO and focusing on eating more lean protein and vegetables, fewer carbs and as little added sugar as possible. I’m by no means perfect with any of it all the time, but I’ve lost 60lbs so far. However, I’m really struggling with getting out of the 230s. It seems like anything less than total perfection results in a little 1-2 lb overnight gain that I spend the next 4 days working off.

About three weeks ago I started adding in exercise (which I didn’t do at all to lose the first 60lbs), thinking that if I could just burn an extra 200-300 calories a day it would be the difference I need. And I really like how I feel with the exercise, but it’s not helping with the weight loss.

My goal is somewhere between 180 and 150. I’m still very overweight and don’t feel like it should be this difficult yet.

Wondering if anyone who’s lost a large amount of weight has any insight?

I’m not quitting, but it’s getting difficult to keep feeling like I’m constantly failing when I’m working so hard.

I know the answer is almost always “you’re consuming more calories than you think”, so I’m pretty hard on myself and always try to look back at the week and pinpoint where I messed up and what I need to do differently. But, that is just making me feel bad, and again, I’m not doing any worse now than I was when I was losing the 60lbs. It feels like something changed or I need to change something and since adding in exercise hasn’t gotten the results I want I’m not sure what else to do.

submitted by /u/BasilVT
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3n4izls

No comments:

Post a Comment