Saturday, November 7, 2020

So, how do you exactly eat at maintenance? (Especially without feeling guilty)

Hey folks, hope the weight loss journey is going well for you.

So, this winter I decided it was time to cut some weight. Most of it was related to some pretty messed up stuff that's happened where I'd been misdiagnosed with some Godawful condition an 80+ year old, diabetic stroke survivor usually would have.

Safe to say it left me with some pretty bad health related anxiety, that just got worse and worse during the lockdown. I've been an athlete my entire life so this whole thing threw me off balance, and made me realize that I needed to take better care of myself (as I've always had, thinking back at it.)

Anyway, I'm doing better now. Anxiety pretty much disappeared once I started clinicals (I'm a nurse student), and when you face the tragedy of the human condition on a daily basis you definitely become desensitized to it.

To give you some context, I'm 26, standing at 5'8" and walking around at 155 lbs, which was my goal weight for competition purposes (I train judo). At the beginning of this cut I was rougly 200-205 lbs (I'm also a powerlifter, but I'd never baloon up like that again, it's not worth it.)

I'm currently eating between 1900 and 2100 kcals a day (but I tend to overestimate most of the time), training 6 days a week, 3 days lifting weights, 3 other days I run 11k (cause my dojo is closed again . . . damn covid). I take sundays off. "Off" meaning I go for walks on the beach both in the morning and evening.

On top of all this keep in mind I'm a nurse student currently away to college, and I don't have a car here. So pretty much everything I do I do it on my feet lol So I spend the majority of my days walking to point A to point B either in the wards or on the street, whether that be going to work, or to the grocery store or finally going back home.

Now that I'm at my goal weight I feel it's time to just try to maintain this weight. Thing is I can't help but feel guilty, and sometimes out right scared I might mess myself up (I had high cholesterol before the cut, and it was still high during the weight loss but last time I checked it was improving.)

I don't eat any garbage food (which I did back when I bulked for PL), thing is I'm starting to overthink and double guess even the good things I'm eating. If you wonder what I eat I'll summarize it like this: "I eat the same amount of veggies a vegan would eat . . . and their share of meat too." Macros look something like this: C: 130-150; P: 180-200; F: 50-70. (I know I don't need that much protein, but it keeps me full for longer.)

But I really need to get over this way of thinking, because it's beginning to take a toll on my performance at work . . . like I'm not eating enough, y'know?

So yeah, do you guys have any advice on how to eat at maintenance without overthinking it and getting over the fear of getting fat again? MFP says I should be consuming around 2700 kcals, and that seems way too much to me.

PS: Oh and here's a progress pic I'm really proud of! https://imgur.com/a/hjdHI6h

submitted by /u/Trevor_Grizzly
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38jjpXy

No comments:

Post a Comment