Saturday, November 7, 2020

Today is Day One ... Thousand!

Today MFP greeted me with "SmilingJaguar has logged in for 1000 days in a row!" It has also been a year since I officially entered the normal BMI range and have nominally been "in maintenance" since November 1, 2019.

To celebrate the achievement I extracted all of the weight information I had in Apple Health and created two charts from that

All time('14-'20): https://i.redd.it/knwcgz2w1ux51.png you can see the slow, but steady rise from 2014-2018, followed by my weight loss journey.

The past year: https://i.redd.it/s2n5ukoh3ux51.png you can see the two early instances of having a sudden weight "spike" that challenged my 10 lb maintenance window.. The first spike is right around Christmas when I ate a single medium bowl of restaurant ramen. The second is when I started trying to eat back all of my exercise calories after hitting my lower control rail of 160 for the first time.

Both of these events are just water weight changes. They came on and also went away far too quickly to be anything else. It's all about that 90+ lb bag of water I carry around with myself all the time, but if I wasn't holding to my routine of weighing myself every day I might not know that for sure.

Since that second event, I decided to have my lower maintenance control rail be more flexible than the higher rail. I now allow my weight to drop below my lower control rail, and if it stays at a new low for a week I will just shift my 10 lb range a bit lower.

Today's weigh in was 153.4, I know that's a bit BS. I went for a shorter but more intense run yesterday and worked late into the night so I'm probably dehydrated. Realistically, I'm hovering in the 155-156 range most days in the past 30 days and the lowest my weekly average has ever been is 153.5 for a few weeks in the summer. So that sets my current range at 153.5-163.5 lbs. 155-156 is thus "under control" and near the lower end of the range.

I've mentioned in the regular "Century Club" threads about my recent struggles with over-indulging a bit over the past few weeks with the change in weather, holidays and external work/covid/political stresses and it sure looks like my attempts to get that under control have been successful!

I have recently started logging my food intake in https://youate.com/ alongside MFP, as I'm more interested in the visual feedback of what I'm eating as opposed to the detailed calories. I'm probably not giving up on MFP just quite yet, it has served me well for 1000 days! However, if things stay under control until next summer, I may try without MFP for a while as long as I have an alternative in place for the self-accountability that matters to me.

Even though it's day 1000 for me, it's still also Day 1. Day 1 of the next 1000 days where my choices will help me keep my weight where I want it, be it here, higher or lower. I expect to continue to weigh myself every day that I can, log my food intake, track my activity levels, etc...

Anyhow. Thank you r/loseit ! I couldn't be where I'm at without all of support and advice from the regulars (and many not-so-regulars!) here.

If I can lose 100+ lbs in my fifties after almost 3 decades around 250 lbs, you can too! You may need to find a different path that better suits you, but you CAN and WILL do it if you put in the effort.

submitted by /u/SmilingJaguar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/357ES3N

No comments:

Post a Comment