Thursday, November 5, 2020

Starting to hit a weightloss Plateau

So like many people, my weight loss journey has been a life long struggle with many ups and downs and so many methods tried. A pattern I started to notice was that I try to do too much when I start a new weightloss plan, I get overwhelmed, and I don't stick to it. So this year I decided I would focus on one part at a time. I started with limiting calories and taking the time to measure out my food with a kitchen scale to ensure closer calories logged. I didn't focus on working out or even really what I was eating at first (although now I focus on nutrition of food a lot more) just that I couldn't exceed 1200 calories a day . I work a lot and have a desk job so it's not like I'm moving around a whole bunch, so I tested calorie amounts until I found one that started to give me a deficit. Well, here I am a few months later and I've lost 20 pounds, it was a slow process but it was consistent and that's what I was hoping for. In the past few weeks I've noticed that I seem to be hovering around the same weight and am now feeling more ready to add back in some workouts. A concern I have is that when I start to do cardio or weight lifting my appetite grows and I want to avoid going over my calories. Or that I will start working out but not see the continued slow weight loss.

I would love to hear other peoples tips and tricks for getting past a plateau or adding in workouts without gaining weight from appetite. What worked well for you? How did you get past the slump of a weightloss plateau? What workouts did you start with when getting back into working out?

Also stats if it helps: F (28) 5'4" SW - 197 CW -175 GW - 135

submitted by /u/Srettamti
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3k2WFxd

No comments:

Post a Comment