Friday, November 6, 2020

Tonight I want to quit

I've lurked on r/loseit and r/progresspics and a myriad of other fitness and weightloss subs under a few different accounts for years now (like when I forget a password and have to make a new account.) Your positivity and determination inspire me and remind me that I'm not alone. I'm hoping that tonight I can get another boost from this bunch of strong people.

I just want to quit.

I'm 39 years old, 128lbs and 5'5". I'm okay, I guess. Twelve years ago I lost 75lbs (after my 1st baby.) I had another baby, and lost the weight again. I've kept it all off. I teach yoga, I run obstacle races, and I lift weights 3-4 days a week. I have MFP premium, I count my calories (I try to stay around 1300 a day) and I supplement with a bunch of omega-3s, probiotics, multivitamins and digestive enzymes.

I'm dating a guy who's a natural bodybuilding competitor, and he's very supportive of any weight loss and fitness goals I have. My friends and family are too, and my kids are super easygoing about me hitting the gym.

I'm just so exhausted. I'm so sick of reading nutrition labels. I'm so sick of counting calories. I'm so sick of body fat calculators and measuring tapes and macros and the overwhelming guilt I feel if I miss a workout.

I'm so tired of feeling not quite good enough. I'm so tired of looking in the mirror and seeing my flaws. I'm so tired of reading articles about supplement protocols and the advantages of whey protein vs. pea protein.

I'm so tired. How do all of you keep going? When is it enough?

submitted by /u/knastywoman
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JEGA49

No comments:

Post a Comment