Friday, November 6, 2020

Going well below my TDEE for weight loss, healthy?

Hi there everyone, I have started my weight loss journey and im only 7 months in. I have recently incorporated weighing my food and using the my fitness pal app to count my calories. Im a 22 yo male, 175cm height and im 67 kgs. I was 75 kgs at the beginning of this year but have lost a lot of weight when I started to exercise and cut back what I eat. My goal is to get down to 65KG and start bulking to build muscle mass.

Now for the question, after calculating my TDEE, it came to 2,571 calories per day and if I were cutting, I would would be at 2,071 calories per day, which is a 500 calorie per day deficit.

Currently, I am at a 1500 deficit for a month now which I am managing comfortably with no side effects. Essentially this is 1000 ish lower than my TDEE. I incorporate 160KM or so biking sessions a week as well as light running (3km every other day). I feel like this deficit is sustainable as I am able to fit everything I eat comfortably into this and Ive made a good habit of logging my calories. But is this healthy? I've heard horror stories about gallstones and such.

submitted by /u/Aggressive_Anxiety_7
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2GC1IHl

No comments:

Post a Comment