Thursday, January 28, 2021

20 lbs weight loss so far. Questioning if I should stick to losing another 30 or push for 50

Hi, guys! Thanks again for your time in reading this. I want to share a little bit about my fitness background and goals, and hopefully get some feedback on what may or may not be realistic.

So for the record, as I said, I’ve lost 20 lbs and I’ve done this in just around two months. My goal is to drop another 30 by June, but some self image issues are making me wonder if I should push this to another 50. For the record, I’m 5’2” and slightly nervous about sharing my weight, lol.

I don’t have a realistic idea of what my body should look like. It really helps to have outside opinions. But, because of my body shape, I will always feel huge. I’m also not sure if I should push for more because I’m very concerned about the aesthetics of cellulite on my thighs and legs and I can’t really tell if that will go away no matter how much I lose. My legs and thighs are HUGE. Always have been, always will be, so it’s hard to know if pushing myself to certain standards to target those areas is unrealistic or not.

If anyone has issues with similar areas or their body, I would absolutely love to hear about them. How did you minimize your thigh/butt area? Can I expect a large reduction in my breasts? I really don’t want to lose so much and then end up with an A cup like I had when my eating disorder was at its worst.

I am training for particular fitness goals, and those are to compete in a sprint triathlon in September. I eat 1200 calories or less a day and exercise daily. If I skip ANY time, it’s only one day a week if I absolutely need recovery.

As far as exercise, I hike uphill and downhill for 5 miles once a week. I swim 2-3 times a week. I bike 2-3 times a week. Two days are open for weight and resistance training/misc cardio where I am absolutely open to taking suggestions, especially for which areas I should target both to strengthen and for aesthetics. Sometimes I may even workout twice a day simply because I love the activity. (And I’m losing my mind, so the physical exertion to music helps)

Anyhow, any feedback is greatly welcomed. I do want to meet certain physical goals, but I’m also really struggling with insecurity about my attractiveness. I feel that I have to work at being as attractive as possible. My dating life has been very unfortunate, and I’m not sure I’ll be able to be noticed or taken seriously by anyone unless I have a more competitive appearance.

Tips for therapy are also appreciated. I’ve tried seeking therapy for these issues an eating disorder for years. I’ve even expressed to my primary care doctor about some of these issues, but for some reason, no one takes me seriously, lol. I’m neither too thin nor heavy enough, I guess!

Thanks for reading ♥️

Full body shot as of this morning

submitted by /u/Ok_Window_7209
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3osJqIa

No comments:

Post a Comment