Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Family keep "supporting" in a destructive way! Help!

I love my family dearly and they are trying their best to be supportive of my weight loss but keep saying/doing the wrong things. For example, last night I got a message "come down there's KFC, you deserve it"... I didn't respond and later I got a message saying they'd left some in the fridge for me. It's cute of them to think I'm doing well and deserve a treat but wow this was so the wrong gesture. I'm not someone who can be around junk food and not eat it. The last time I ate KFC I ended up on a three day binge not good. I'm trying to pluck up the courage to go downstairs and dispose of it but boy it's hard.

They couldn't have known a simple gesture would cause such a conundrum because I haven't really spoken to them about things in that way. I'm so lucky to have caring family but I think it's time to sit them down and explain how best they can support me because next time, I might cave and take them up on the offer. The problem is I have no idea where to start. I just want them to offer silent encouragement, not tell me when there's junk food around, and not offer me food based gifts for doing well.

For some reason this simple task seems Herculean at present. Any advice for how to have that conversation?

submitted by /u/HuguesViane
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3qU7tkV

No comments:

Post a Comment