Tuesday, January 26, 2021

I lost 3lbs.. I'm so happy I could cry (trigger warning)

19f 5'7, began at 12stone 8lbs, 8 days ago.

Today I weighed in at 12stone 5lbs. My goal is to reach 11stone 5lbs.

Weight gain began probably a year ago. Changing anti psychotic medication a total of four times (been on a total of five) in a year was difficult, not including the other meds I was on. Not being able to control the ravenous hunger that came with some of the meds was horrible. I was admitted to a psych hospital a total of four times last year. Not including emergency A&E admissions. I was all over the place. So sad. Unwell.

Last October I attempted to end my life. It was horrific. I decided afterwards I could no longer live the way I was, I had to change, something had to give. I never wanted to experience what I did ever again. And I have worked on myself and continue to work everyday. Life is still difficult, but the thing that has changed is that I am no longer afraid of tomorrow. I know I can handle whatever comes at me. I am doing my best, everyday. Everything is ok. I tell myself these things at least once every day.

My new therapist is fantastic.

I couldn't of gotten to the point where I was able to look at dealing with my weight without getting to where I am now, emotionally and mentally.

I knew I had gained weight but I was in denial that it was an issue, I suppose. It wasn't until I weighed myself and saw I was in the overweight category. I had stopped gaining weight I know for sure, but I was left with the effects of a terrible year on my mid section. Not cool, unstable brain.

I started logging on MFP just over a week ago. The weird thing was, I logged the day before I started on it, and it turned out I had under eaten. It wasn't on purpose by any means. I was so pleasantly surprised that.. it was telling me to eat more? Deadly!! I don't wanna lose weight in an unhealthy way. I have done that before and that was not good.

About three weeks ago I decided to try cut sweets out during the week, and then during the weekend MODERATELY consume what I wanted. I no longer wanted to be at the whim of sugar pangs. It's really worked for me. How I'm eating I feel happy with. I feel I can maintain it. I realised that the bagel with bacon I used to feel bad eating is completely fine to have.

MFP has really educated me.. for the first while I set it as 'maintain weight' just to see what I actually eat in a day. No pressure, just observe.

Eating during a window of time (most days) of about 6/8 hours. Means no more midnight snacking. Trying to have a bigger first meal so that I have energy for the rest of the day, I also just happen to love my first meal.

I'm generally in a better space of mind that I have energy to handle life. I was exhausted. Would be so tired that I couldn't make food. Cue takeaway. Cue shit food that makes me feel shit. Managing my meals is easier because I can manage life more than I could before.

Gonna take things one at a time. Ideally I'd like to eat more fruit. That will come. Not put pressure on myself to turn my life around in a day.

I feel so empowered to lose the following stone. I don't care how long it takes. Whether it be a month, two months, three. That's grand. All I know is I'm making better choices for myself. Lifes hard, lifes shit, lifes good, lifes great. Cheers 🥦

Edit: I hope I didn't come across as losing weight is easy 😳. I for one know it's not. I just wanted to say what has helped me in the hopes that maybe it helps someone else, also feeling buzzed about the weight loss. Thanks for anyone who read this!!

submitted by /u/liadhsq2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39luAPK

No comments:

Post a Comment