Wednesday, January 27, 2021

What is a good cardio/resistance training combo for the most efficient weight-loss progress?

So for the past 6 months I've been doing a lot of cardio and have been steadily losing weight (wooo!). I run on the treadmill about 5x a week for 6km (3.7 miles) each session, and on average I'm losing about 0.5 pounds a week (just on average, in truth I'd go weeks without the scale moving then drop weight all at once which is apparently typical).

However, we just got our home gym set up so now I have a bench and some dumbbells. I now want to incorporate resistance training to my weight loss plan. For the record I've lifted at various points in my life before so I'm not completely new to it lol.

So how do I approach this? What is the "best" combination of cardio and resistance training to have the most efficient weight loss progress? (most efficient meaning losing the most weight at the fastest AND SAFEST manner while also not just straight up losing muscle like if I were just to do a pure-cardio approach)

For the record, diet-wise I make sure to get at least 120g of protein a day and I'm currently 195 pounds.

submitted by /u/packersSB54champs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ce8Zug

No comments:

Post a Comment