Wednesday, January 27, 2021

I had a baby 14 months ago and today I'm below my pre-pregnancy weight!

I gained about 40lbs while pregnant (from 160lbs to 200lbs). My pregnancy was healthy with no complications, except for very minor gestational hypertension during delivery. I stayed relatively active - walking, swimming, prenatal yoga and strength training and I even did a Spartan Race at 12 weeks. Kiddo obviously craved chocolate cake and I wasn't going to deny them that.

Immediately after delivery, I lost 25lbs and then gained 5lbs back thanks to breastfeeding hunger, settling in around 180lbs. About 3 months after delivery (Feb 2020), I tried on my bridesmaid dress for my sisters wedding and realized it looked awful - so I started couch to 5k and tracking calories making sure I didn't cut too much so I could still be the food source for my child. Between March 2020 and May 2020, I lost 10lbs, some due to running/food, but a lot due to Covid stress. For the reminder-ish of 2020, I stayed right around 170lbs and focused on enjoying the first year of parenthood. :)

I got serious again about weight loss at the beginning of November after seeing a picture of myself on Halloween. Those cute jeans and tight black shirt actually didn't look so cute and my knees and hips had been bugging me all the time.

With a few backtracks during the holidays, I've been tracking my calories at around 1600/day and aiming to move for 30 minutes a day. I mostly go on walks or hikes, although occasionally I do a little bit of HIIT or yoga. This morning, I weighed in below my pre-pregnancy weight at 159lbs! 14 more to go to my ultimate goal of 145lb! (Note: I'm 5'7"). My kiddo still nurses once per day - so almost weaned.

Its so common to hear that either you lose all the weight within in like 12 weeks post-partum or then basically never. For all of the parents out there, just know it you do it on your timeline and that you've got this!

submitted by /u/Miss_Sunshine51
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2McHsi5

No comments:

Post a Comment