Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Advice on where to go from here (lost weight, no muscle, I look gross)

M26, 6'4", SW: 345lbs, CW: 250lbs, GW: ?

I found this sub in 2018 and that year I made massive progress in my weight loss. All through CICO. I mostly ran, like hours a day.

Well, I still wasn't happy when I reached my lowest weight of 196lbs. It's a good weight for my height, but I still had a lot of flab and fat left. I realized I have very little muscle on my upper body - lower body is more muscular (I think it was the running).

2020 was a shit year for me in so many ways. I put on 50lbs.

I'm recovering from that. I'm tracking calories again, and I joined a taekwondo class that I absolutely adore.

I want to have a more built look and be strong. I just don't know where to start.

Should I go on a low deficit with cardio to get my weight down, then start lifting?

Does it make sense to lift weights on a calorie deficit?

I'm just not sure if I should focus on losing weight with cico, or start lifting more than running. And if I start lifting, I don't know how I should adjust my calories.

I caught myself this year before I let things get too bad. But now I want to go fill steam ahead. I realized my ideal body is not super skinny, but slim and toned.

I'd appreciate any advice and help with this.

submitted by /u/FrozenSandwichHater
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YkNyiZ

No comments:

Post a Comment