Sunday, January 31, 2021

Weight loss help + getting toned during the pandemic + winter months?

Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing well!

Currently 29/M/260lbs. I little bit of my backstory:

In June of 2014, I started my weight loss journey at 420lbs. Between June of 2014 - March of 2019, I lost 180lbs and was sitting at 240lbs (the lowest I had been in a very longtime). From March 2019 - March 2020, I maintained that weight (my goal was 200lbs, but I plateaued and could not get over that hump). Queue March 2020 and the global pandemic, stress eating became a habit again and exercise became almost non-existent (I would mostly do cardio 3-4 times a week by either going to the gym, or walking around the neighborhood for at least an hour). As a result, I got back up to 260lbs.

With that being said, I wanted to ask what everyone is doing in terms of exercise during the pandemic. I have corrected my eating habits over the past week, so my diet is on track, but I also want to get fit. My wife and I are expecting in the Spring, and I do NOT want to be the fat dad that is unfit and can't keep up with his kids.

I've been thinking about buying some equipment for a home gym, but I don't know where to start (going to an actual gym in-person is out of the question at the moment, and outdoor cardio at the moment is pretty rough here with an average temperature around 5 degrees).

I appreciate any and all recommendations!

submitted by /u/weight_loss_help
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3j56kVi

No comments:

Post a Comment